A-Taper Pilot Drill for Extensions
- Clean the Oil or Lubricant from the Taper of the Extension and the Taper from the Core Bit.
- Insert the Pilot Bit into the Drive Extension.
- Insert the Drive Extension into the Core Bit.
- Start the Hole Until the Core Bit is 3/8” deep.
- With the Ejector Key, Push Out the Pilot Drill Bit.
- Continue Drilling the Hole Until the Material Being Drilled Reaches the Bottom of the Core Bit. Approximately 3-1/2” Deep.
- Break the Drilled Material Inside the Core Bit with a Chisel.
- Return to Step 6 Until Desired Hole is Finished.
Ejector Key for Pilot Drills
4" Tapered Core Bits
These Heavy Duty Rotary Hammer Core Bits are used with either Spline or SDS-MAX electric rotary hammer machines. The special alloy steel body and Tungsten Carbide withstand continuous hammering. A pilot drill bit and extension are required.